I am very pleased to say that September 2011 was yet another record month – especially since I took a second vacation to England for a week during the month
The trend in my income reports over the last few months, has probably surprised me, more than it has surprised you, my loyal reader.
As each month comes to a close (with yet another record), the very first thing on my mind, is how on earth am I going to beat that next month?
Thankfully, I seem to be able to figure out a few new ideas to put into action each month, and (so far at least) the trend of significant increases is alive and well
Like in pastÂ income reports, in this report, Iâ€™m going to share with you the key activities that I undertook this month, what worked and what didnâ€™t. You will notice that this month’s report is much shorter than the last two months and the reason for this is simple – I could tell from my analytics that the average time on the income report page was nowhere near long enough to read all the content that I’dÂ painstakinglyÂ written. So, this month, I’m going to “cut to the chase”, as it were.
As always, if you think my income report is worthy news for your followers, please tweet and share on yourÂ FacebookÂ wall by clicking on the buttons over on the left. Thanks, you rock!!
If this is your first time reading one of my income reports and you are wondering why I publish them, the reason is that I believe in being super transparent in my business â€“ almost as though I was a public company. A public company has to share everything about their performance and it doesnâ€™t seem to hurt them, so I doubt that itâ€™ll hurt me either.
Like what you are reading? Want to automatically receive more like it?
KeyÂ ActivitiesÂ in September
September was an extremely busy month and while I did make some progress, I definitely did not get through me entire to do list each day!
First off, I had several of my Adsense sites hacked and they were down for some time. Sadly, I wasn’t aware of this until I discovered it by a fluke. To prevent this from happening again, I have installed two new plugins: WordPress File Monitor and Secure WordPress. I suggest you do the same.
Early in the month I purchased some new webinar software. The software was from Evergreen Business Systems and took me an immense amount of time to get set up. Then, creating the actual webinar content took even more time.
The goal of this project was Â to allow me to automate my webinars so that I could hold them in time zones that would be localized to wherever my reader was located; thereby giving foreign visitors more of a chance to see my webinar in a time that would be suitable to them. I had also hoped to use these webinars to promote Niche Site Mastery.
Unfortunately, the software turned out to be very buggy (as I’m sure many of you already know!) and it failed to send out the reminder emails to registrants at the right time and many/most of them (you) probably didn’t get to see the webinar. I’m very sorry for that and have now posted a recording that you can watch any time you like.
Niche Site Mastery Affiliate Program
Another of my major projects was to launch an affiliate program for Niche Site Mastery. This was a fairly large project because I didn’t want to use Clickbank; instead, I needed to find some membership software that would offer me more control ofÂ Niche Site Mastery, as well as to allow me to create the affiliate program.
After doing a TON of research, the software that I ultimate chose, and am very pleased with, is Digital Access PassÂ (aff link). I’m not going to do a review of the product here; however, I will say this, it is super kick-ass and I’m loving all the new things that it allows me to do. If you are running a membership site, DAP is a must, IMHO.
While I’m now equipped for affiliate sales, I still haven’t actually announce anything and will be doing so shortly.
Trip to England
As a part of doing my research on DAP, I ended up meeting Laura Wilson due to a testimonial video she’d made for DAP. After trading some emails with her about DAP, I invited her onto my PodcastÂ and after that, decided to go visit her. Suffice to say, Laura is one very smart online marketer and we had a blast hanging out together in her home town of Plymouth, England.
- Total: $840
- Last Month: $920
- Difference: $80
- Down 7%Â
- Affiliate Earnings
- Amazon: $261
- Backlink Battleplan: $59
- Hostgator: $100
- Niche Profit Course: $56
- Niche Video Tycoon: $298 (this is a wicked cool course)
- SECockpit: $716
- SocialAdr: $65 (this is a cornerstone of my link building strategy)
- The Best Spinner: $37
- Unique Article Wizard: $268 (this is the other cornerstone of my link building)
- Video Marketing Blueprints: $47
- WPZonBuilder: $21
- Total: $1,928
- Last Month: $1,028
- Difference: $900
- Up 88%
- Niche Site Mastery (Click here to see how you can get Hostgator to pay for your membership via a promotion I have running in partnership with them)
- Total: $3,809
- Last Month: $3,454
- Difference: $355
- Up 10% (to learn how I’m using WSO’s for such huge gains, buy this course from Shane Melaugh)
- Total: $3,809
- Link Building Services
- Total: $305
- Last Month: $304
- Difference: $1
- Total: $305
- Gross Total in September
- Total: $6,882
- Last Month: $5,706
- Difference: $1,176
- Up 21%
- Total: $6,882
Measuring My Progress
I have a great many things that I want to accomplish in October (which is already off to a blazing start!). Before I get to that, however, I want to share with you how I did versus my September goals:
- Launch an affiliate program forÂ Niche Site MasteryÂ - achieved
- Begin to use webinars once again as a means of increasing NSM membership – achieved; albeit it with many glitches
- Increase total income by 20% – achieved
- Publish 4 more podcasts – recorded 3, published 2 with the third one due out next week.
- Launch more 10 niche sites – I failed miserably here, however, I’ve just hired a new VA and figured out how to effectively outsource keyword research (this was my main bottleneck because I lack time and it bores me to death), so I expect the number of sites launched in October to be at least 20.
Goals for October
- Announce & Launch an affiliate program for Niche Site Mastery
- Build at least 20 new niche sites
- Find a worker to produce my first video course (like what Nate is doing)
- Increase total income by 20%
- Publish 2 more podcasts
- Read more books (I’m starting each day with 30 minutes of reading now)
- Record more videos for my Youtube Channel (be sure to subscribe to get them delivered right to your inbox)
As always, I’m extremely grateful to all of my readers for helping to make this happen. Without you, I don’t know where I’d be, so please accept my big fat THANK YOU!